This option builds on Core Modules 2-4 and provides an in-depth study of the main Infrastructure Conditions of Contract.
This option builds on Core Modules 2-4 and provides an in-depth study of the main Infrastructure Conditions of Contract. The structure and individual clauses of the contract relevant to the work of the contractor’s quantity surveyor are explained and delegates will have ample opportunity to apply their learning to case study materials specifically chosen to complement each form of contract. The day will largely comprise workshop sessions in which delegates will work on defined tasks in small teams under tutor supervision.
- The ICC family of contracts
- Structure and layout of contracts
- Contract documents
- Overview of key contract clauses
- Subcontract conditions
- Valuations, certification and payment
- Subcontract payments
- Variations and final account
- Extensions of time
- Adverse physical conditions and artificial obstructions
- Other entitlement clauses