The course is designed for site managers, foremen, supervisors and trainees who are required to set out for construction and civil engineering work. Little or no previous experience is required but some basic understanding of the need to work and transfer levels is desirable.
The Total Station/EDM Setting out course can be taken as a third day option.
The course will give participants an understanding of basic levelling and setting out for construction work. Time will be spent on the correct booking of results. The course is practical with a number of field exercises which build up to give the participant confidence in using the level in the work place.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- set up and check automatic levels
- read the staff, book and calculate the results
- establish working bench marks (TBMs) on site
- record the level of existing features
- set out level information from drawings
- set out to given levels including soffits
- set out profiles and calculate travellers
- set up and use pipe & levelling lasers
- calculate areas & volumes
- check setting out & record results