This is a fast track intensive measurement course designed for those with little or no measurement ability or for those requiring a ‘refresher’ course in measurement. The module covers measurement principles, mensuration, rules of measurement and the relationship between the standard method of measurement and the contract documents. The module is not designed as a ‘bill production’ course but this is possible by special arrangement.
The purposes of measurement in construction
- Standard methods of measurement and contracts
- Units of measurement & measurement conventions
- Mensuration – Irregular shapes and compensation lines, levels and grids
- Mensuration formulae including Simpson’s rule and Trapezoidal rule
- Measuring from CAD, Revit and Navisworks