The course is designed to follow on from the Total Station/EDM course. It is intended for senior engineers and those who are involved in using Total Station/EDM to survey and set out for construction and building work. The course is suitable for staff with some instrument experience but little or no datalogging or computerised surveying experience.
By a mixture of field and computer work this course will give all participants the ability and confidence to use data capture methods to integrate field work with appropriate survey software.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- import data to total stations
- automatically compute setting out information in the field
- produce simple volume calculations from survey data
- understand potential sources of error when recording surveys
- record and code survey data in the field
- complete and record as built checks to support quality control procedures
- produce simple plots and surveys