The course is designed for site managers, foremen, supervisors and trainees who are required to set out for construction and civil engineering work. It is aimed at staff with little or no theodolite/EDM experience or as a refresher for those who have not used the equipment for some time.
The 2 day Levelling and Setting out course can be included as a three day option.
The emphasis is on the practical aspects of setting out using a total station/EDM and the techniques involved. In order to achieve this, a large portion of time is spent in the field. This gives those attending the course a working knowledge of setting out with a total stn/EDM and the field checks. Worked examples are also provided as part of the comprehensive course notes.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- set up and use total Station/EDM
- check settings in instrument inc prism constant, scale & ppm
- complete collimation checks on the instrument
- extract information and coordinates from a drawing to set out
- set out the coordinates by several methods
- use instrument programmes inc resection, stake out, ref line/arc, areas..
- understand coordinates & calculate bearings & distances
- read and record coordinates for checking dimensions of setting out
- upload & download coordinates
- be aware of errors and checking of work
Available course dates
- July 31, 2019Book Now