This one day course is the prescribed Cskills TWGATC course concerned with giving delegates a broad and general understanding the temporary works process.
The final course assessment is a multiple choice examination, with successful delegates being awarded an accredited certificate by Cskills Awards Site Safety Plus.
Temporary works are a major risk and the process of identifying and eliminating or managing these risks needs to be understood by all those involved in the process.
The course will be presented by Ray Filip, both well known for his comprehensive and extensive temporary works knowledge, and training abilities, being fully PTLLS trained and certified. Ray has relevant first-hand experience of designing, constructing and managing temporary works over many years. In addition he has have been presenting in-house temporary works courses to most major UK contractors, many consulting engineers and clients for over 20 years.
Relevant handouts based on BS 5975 with commentaries will be issued, and with tutorials, are aimed to reduce note taking. The course is well illustrated and presented.
The tutor can tailor the course to suit specialisations within the construction industry.
Anyone involved in temporary works who is not aiming to be formally appointed as temporary works coordinator or temporary works supervisor. It is suitable for clients, permanent and temporary works designers, planners, quantity surveyors, health and safety professionals, equipment suppliers, university lecturers, graduate engineers.
Continuous Profession Development as on-going training is considered by Cskills as an essential element of keeping up to date.
Delegates will be introduced to the following:
- Understanding what temporary works are and common risks
- Relevant legislation and codes of practice that apply to temporary works
- Temporary works procedures, roles and responsibilities
- Understand the importance of managing risks and working safely
- Understand some of the technical issues and “what to look out for” with common elements of temporary works
- Importance of communication, coordination, cooperation and competency
Refer to the Cskills Award web site for the detailed course mandatory content. A short resume of the CTS modular approach following the Cskills approved alternative delivery is:
- Introduction, what are temporary works and what can go wrong with temporary works
- History – documents, Bragg report and recommendations etc.
- Statutory Requirements – relevant regulations, CDM, HASW, PUWER, WAH etc
- Risk Management and people Involved and competencies – understanding role of Client, PD, DI, PWD, TWD, TWC and TWS
- Documents involved in the temporary works
- Key Aspects – common temporary works issues
- Review – final course analysis. Sources of further information and advice
- Examination – open book 15 minute multiple choice exam.
The end of course assessment is compulsory and consists of 25 multiple choice questions selected by Cskills Awards. Candidates are given 15 minutes only and the pass mark is 9 correct answers out of 12 questions.
The is an open book examination – CITB exam fee of £35 applies.
CTS Ltd reserve the right to offer a re-sit of the examination should a candidate achieve only 16 or 17 correct answers. A charge will be made for examination re-sits.
Administration and issue of certificates is the responsibility of Cskills Awards Site Safety Plus. Certificates will be forwarded to successful delegates companies.
Course content can be tailored to suit client specialisations (where possible).Contact us to make a booking